It’s that time of year, and pumpkin season is still going strong!
Do you love pumpkin, but you’re not sure what recipe to try next? Well, here are some pumpkin-y recipes that should keep you busy for a while! All of these are oil-free and most are gluten-free, or have a gluten-free option.
1. Starting out with a bang, first up are Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Vegan 8. I think the name says it all. Plus, these goodies are gluten free, oil free, and both quick to prepare and to bake. You’ll definitely want some plant-based milk on hand for dunking. Don’t those gooey chocolate chips look good?!
4. Pumpkincredible Hummus from Plant Powered Kitchen. This is a nice twist on a traditional dip, and one that’s great to have when there’s a plate of veggies around.
6. Pumpkin Bread Pudding from Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Put that stale bread to good use! This is a delicious favourite with pumpkin, vanilla and a vanilla bean whip on top. Check out the recipe, which featured on Forks Over Knives, along with the recipe for the Vanilla Bean Whip.
8. Flourless Pumpkin Blender Muffins from Chocolate Covered Katie. These are made with pumpkin puree, white beans, oats and almond butter, creating a satisfying muffin texture that you can really sink your teeth into.
11. Magic Pumpkin Blondies from Vegan Street. Aptly named, these are what you should be serving next time you have company over! They have a bunch of tasty ingredients that make for a delicious combination: oats, dates, chickpeas, your favourite nut butter, and of course pumpkin.
12. Vegan Mexican Chocolate Sweet Potato Pudding from The Vegan 8. Sweet potatoes make the perfect pudding texture!
13. For a flavourful risotto, with only a handful of ingredients, try this Vegan Pumpkin Risotto from Just Glowing With Health. You can use whatever winter squash suits your fancy, and if you’d like to stick with oil-free, just use a bit of water instead of oil. You’ve got to love the colour, courtesy of the pumpkin!
14. Pumpkin Brown Rice Pudding from Holy Cow Vegan. This filling rice pudding has a great consistency and the right amount of pumpkin-y goodness.
15. Pumpkin Spice Bars with Maple Frosting Drizzle from Plant Powered Kitchen. Another pumpkin recipe from Dreena Burton, but mixing it up a bit, these pumpkin spice bars are made with pumpkin seeds, rather than the squash itself. These bars make a great snack to share with others, or you can even pack them and take them with you when you’re out on the trails or running errands all day.
17. And lastly, this wouldn’t be a proper pumpkin recipe list without a pumpkin pie! This Pumpkin Pie from Straight Up Food has a pecan-date crust, so as long as you use gluten-free rolled oats, it’ll be a gluten-free recipe too!
More featured vegan recipes:
Other related articles:
Sign Up for TheVeganJunction Newsletter to stay up-to-date with the lastest articles and info!